This past long weekend, I did absolutely nothing. I watched a few movies I’ve been meaning to see on Demand (Trainwreck and 99 homes – both very good!), napped a bunch and ran a few errands aka. returned things at Bloomingdales I did not need! Other than that, nothing very interesting happened and let me tell you, it felt really good. Sometimes I have to hold myself back into thinking I need to plan trips, attend events or commit to plans because the truth is, it’s really nice to just do nothing at all.
In order to start this week on a health kick, I tried this recipe and it was SO easy and delicious. All you need are the below ingredients, mix them together, put them in the oven for 30 minutes and you are all set. Here’s to hoping I start cooking just a bit more this year!
- 8 (4 oz each) boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
- 10 medium asparagus, ends trimmed, cut in half
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onions, chopped in large chunks
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced in half long, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 5 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano or thyme
- 2 leaves fresh sage, chopped
PS. Have you seen my leg of lamb recipe? Check it out!