Tonight is OSCAR night! If you had a chance to read my Grammy Awards post, then you know I am a big fan of watching award shows and eating treats all at the same time. Tonight, I am sitting back and snacking/cocktailing with a few friends while we watch all of the beautiful red carpet fashion as well as the actual ceremony of course.
I have seen a handful of movies that are nominated but I know I will need to put many more on my must see list after tonight’s show. Take a look at the snacks & bites my friends and I put together for the big night! And of course we are going to have Petee’s Pie for dessert too……..
We started with Mama K’s Artichoke Dip which was excellent…
- 1 can (14oz) can progressing artichoke heart .. Or other brand
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 round bread to set it in
- Drain artichoke and squeeze all the juice out
- Put all ingredients except lemon juice in a bowl and mix with hand mixer or blender
- Add lemon juice on top
- Cut open the bread and pull inside our the bread out in order to make a bowl dip
- Pour mixture into hole
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 mn or less until top slightly browned
- Serve with crackers
We also snacked on Paula Deen’s Crab Dip which was absolutely delicious as an app.After the watching all of the fashion walk down the red carpet, we dined on my friend Alisen’s unbelievable turkey burgers with brie, cranberries and fresh rosemary.We sipped on cocktails throughout the night (orange/peach/mango juice with champagne and a drop of St. Germaine) and tallied up our oscar ballot predictions (winner get’s a bottle of champagne)! And voila – how to have a great Oscar’s Night!